Easy Pantry Overhaul Under $20

There's something lurking behind one of the cabinet doors in my kitchen. A secret so easily concealed that it takes no effort to act like it's not there. Until, of course, it's time to bake or cook. Behind the door of my corner cabinet lies the bane of all my kitchen escapades. My lazy susan pantry. Overflowing with half used bags of baking essentials and unmarked tins, it's so easy to forget what's in there and so hard to find what I need when I need it. Every baking session turns into a treasure hunt where you don't find what you're looking for; but you do discover that the cocoa powder you were searching for last week is INDEED on the middle shelf and no, you didn't need to open a new tub. 

Thank God for order, right? When things are orderly and organized it creates ease of use and ease of mind! We can spend less time in a flurry, trying to locate the baking powder, and more time actually enjoying the process of using our creativity and the fruit of our hands to bring joy to others. Well that's how I feel about it, anyway.

I started by taking everything out of the cabinet. I checked the date on everything and threw out the items that were way too old and stale. I don't know how it happened but we had an unopened bag of whole almonds that was dated from 2017! Like, how does that even happen? See...organizing also says your coins because we all know that almonds are not cheap!

Speaking of cost, you all know that I like to keep things on the frugal side over here at The Humble Home. I did this entire overhaul for under $20! I was able to accomplish this by getting all the glass containers from the trust Dollar Tree, as well as the chalk marker. I purchased 5 of the cylindrical glass containers (my favorite, I would've bought more but 5 was all they had!), 5 of the glass candy jar style, and the last 2 of the all clear square ones.  The only other items I needed were the chalkboard stickers, which were $1.97 per pack at Walmart. Super budget friendly, and let me tell you that the containers from Dollar Tree are nothing to sniff at! 

Once you have all the supplies you think you'll need, just start filling your containers and labeling them however they would best suit you. I placed my labels in the front so that i could instantly tell what the item is. If you want a cleaner look, place the labels on top of the lid or on the bottom of the container. Whatever works for you and your style!

What a difference a few bucks can make! The morning of my typing this I made cappuccino chocolate chip scones (recipe coming soon!) and it was so easy to find all that I needed. It truly felt like I was cooking in a new kitchen. Now every time I open the cabinet door nothing falls out! I can navigate with ease, find what I need, and keep better tabs on my inventory. It's exciting to have this space in order now. No more hidden secrets lurking behind cabinet doors! I hope this post inspires you to get things in order. Until next time, happy organizing!

Watch me go through the organizing process ⬇



xo
Janine

Comments