Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Scones - Small Batch

 I didn't grow up eating scones. I didn't even know what a scone was until I was in my twenties. You wouldn't know this by seeing how often they make an appearance in my kitchen. But now they show up on our table almost every weekend for brunch. We're officially scone people over here.

While painting my husband's office a few weekends ago, I stumbled upon a "submit your best recipe" type church cookbook from 2006. I love these kind of cookbooks because the contributors usually dig deep into their arsenals to find their best of the best! During my browsing through, a recipe for cappuccino chocolate chip muffins jumped out at me. But because we're scone people, my first thought was... that would make a really good scone! 

I then proceeded to experiment with making this idea a reality the following weekend. They were so good that I had to make more and share them with you all!

This was my first time baking with instant coffee and I absolutely love the flavor it imparts! I'm ready to to create all the coffee flavored desserts and turn my other favorite recipes into scones!

Until next time, happy baking!


xo
Janine


 

Comments

  1. These look AMAZING! I cannot wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so amazing. Going to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scones, but have never tried making them. This combination of flavors sounds amazing. I will have to try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment