Jamaican Banana Fritters

You buy a bunch of bananas with every intention of consuming them plain but before you know it, you have a few left that have ripened beyond the point of return. As a person who only likes to eat her bananas plain when they still have a hint of green, I have been here plenty of times. I'm sure most of you have! 

And just like most people, the first thought that comes to mind is to use those ripe bananas and make banana bread. Don't get me wrong now...I love me some banana bread! But do you know what I love more than banana bread? Variety. Sometimes I make banana bread, other times I make muffins, cupcakes, cakes, or scones. But nothing brings me more comfort than these banana fritters. 



I don't make banana fritters often but when I do I'm transported back to the days when I lived with my mother and she'd be in the kitchen frying up a batch of these bad boys. The house would smell of absolute deliciousness and I couldn't wait to get my hands on one! Sometimes if her back was turned I'd try to sneak one off the plate and bite into it while it's still too hot. I may have burned the roof of my mouth a time or two but it was so very worth it.

The other day I was on the phone with my mom and she mention that she had made some fritters and seeing as I had a few bananas getting riper by the day I decided that I'd make a small batch and share this delectable recipe with you all. You can make them with breakfast, as a side dish, or (like me) make a plate and snack on them throughout the day! So the next time you need to use up your ripe bananas, go for a bit of variety and give these a try...happy frying!



xo
Janine

Comments