High Tea Tablescape

My lovely sister-in-law Hannah is about to be married in a few days and just last week I was able to help in decorating for her bridal shower. Her matron of honor, also her sister, came up with doing a high tea function with an Anne of Green Gables-esque theme. It was a beautiful occasion and I had lots of fun celebrating the bride-to-be and coming up with this tablescape. 

There was plenty of glass, greenery, and florals to make this table one out of garden. I used glass tiered trays that I DIY-ed with materials I got from Dollar Tree. I actually made these trays for the cupcake display at my wedding and saved them because they are such a pretty way to display food! All the guests were able to easily access the array of scones, cucumber sandwiches, cupcakes, and pastries!

I found the ivy rings on the Facebook Marketplace (I seriously have been finding the most amazing gems on there!) and thought they would look best at the base of the tiered trays. They also came with fairly lights which added some extra charm.

For flowers I went to good ol' Trader Joes who I believe has some of the prettiest flowers for fair prices. I got a mix of chrysanthemums, roses, daises, a ton of baby's-breath, and some others I don't know the name of...only knew that they were pretty! I kept the colors soft with whites, creams, blushes, and mauve which gave a more romantic feel. My mother in law had a mix of glass serving dishes and bowls that were great for displaying jams, cookies, chocolates and mints. 

Hope you enjoyed this look into what has got be my most favorite tablescape to date! I enjoy creating feasts for the mouth but there is something so fulfilling about creating a feast for the eyes! Happy creating!


xo
Janine

Comments