A Temporary Oasis

Things are trucking along with the home we are currently under contract for...we've done everything needed on our side and now it's all in the hands of the USDA! We've been advised by several people that the approval process for this kind of loan can be a bit longer than others since it's through the government and well, we all know how that can go!

So in the meantime the husband and I have all of our belongings, save a few essentials, locked up in storage and we currently have no place to truly call our own just yet. For a while we were joking about how we are "homeless" and though that may be technically true, we have been so blessed to be provided with a temporary living situation until everything settles down and we can, Lord willing, move into our own place.

Seeing as this is a blog that focuses on the home and will eventually showcase interiors and decor, I just felt it appropriate to share some photos I took of this temporary oasis we get to call "home" for now. It is such a cozy and comfortable apartment and it has helped me get some much needed relaxation since the flurry of activity that has taken place just a few weeks ago.


The owner of this beauty is a lovely Russian lady who has a lot of personality and clearly great style. It's so interesting now that we're looking to buy a home....I always thought I knew what I wanted that home to look like. I thought I knew the color pallet, the decor style, and the overall vibe I wanted to create in our home but the more houses I see the more confused I feel!

Honestly, I normally do not like the browns, taupes, and beiges, especially when they are all layered together, it's just never been my thing. But I'm digging this! She's used the colors in such a way that the space doesn't feel too dark or heavy and that's usually what scares me about such a combo!
Maybe it's just me appreciating a well thought out interior design and nothing more, but now it's got me hem-ing and haw-ing about what colors I want to explore for our own house. There are just so many options and possibilities to choose from and frankly I can't pinpoint which is really "me." Maybe it'll be a combination of a bunch of different things. Who knows?!

Oh, the indecisiveness of it all!! But it's fun to think about! I'd love to hear about the favorite design and decorating styles of whoever may read this! Not that I need more ideas to cloud my thinking even further but I'm curious and can't help myself! 😝

xo
Janine

Comments

  1. Gorgeous apartment! I have been VERY slowly but surely putting things together in our house to make it a little more “beachy” and “cozy” feeling using teal, beiges, and coral colors... however, I am so new to decorating that I feel a little scatter-brained myself with what I want! Can’t wait to get some inspiration from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the beachy coastal vibe!!I think those colors suite sooo well and I'm sure your home is coming together just beautifully! It's a journey girl! I think it's just like you said...a very slow process of accumulating things you like and then one day it's all just there, just how you like it. The vision you never knew you were envisioning lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment